Applying for Bursaries
Through the dedication of many volunteers, Write! Canada keeps its registration rate as low as possible to allow as many people as possible to attend.
Before contacting us to request a bursary, we suggest that you speak with your pastor or someone else in leadership and ask if your church would be able to give you financial assistance to attend the conference. This would be a good way for your church to help you develop your talent for writing, which then would allow greater opportunity for you to minister to others, both in your local church and beyond.
Bursaries may be available from The Word Guild for those who demonstrate financial need and a serious commitment to writing. A limited number of bursaries is available. Apply as soon as possible if you wish to be considered.
Please supply us with the following items:
(1) a letter outlining
- why a bursary is needed
- what response you obtained from your church
- what writing or editing experience you have
- what you hope to gain from the conference
- which classes you would like to attend and why
- confirmaton that you agree with our statement of faith, the Apostles' Creed
(2) tell us what amount you could afford to pay, and if you have ever received a Write! Canada bursary in the past
(3) a 2-3 page sample of your writing
(4) a letter of reference from your pastor or another writer/editor
Send these electronically to the Write! Canada registrar.
The bursary committee will review your application, and get back to you within a few days with their response.